Selwood manufactured pumps, synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
With decades of experience in the design and manufacture of pumps for the water, environmental and construction sectors, Selwood has a full product range for all applications including solids handling, high volume drainers, high head, hydraulic submersible, chopper and positive displacement pumps.
Selwood Pump Sales are headquartered in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire with good transport links to the M27 and M3 as well as Chandlers Ford train station.
Our Pump Production team are inviting applications for the position of Paint Sprayer to support the production of component parts for Selwood pumps. This role will be responsible of the preparation, painting and storage of component parts and assemblies, economically and efficiently to ensure availability in line with the Production Plan.
• Proven career history as a spray painter.
• Practical knowledge of preparation of surfaces and application of different paint types, coating thickness etc.
• Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Use and maintenance of critical PPE (respirator/air fed mask) and spray equipment.
• Counter Balance Fork Lift Licence an advantage
Daily responsibilities of this role:
To Paint individual Parts and Assemblies for defined build numbers and specifications, in an efficient and economic manner and to the required Quality Level by:
- Preparation of the Substrate, using solvents, degreasers or hand or power tools as required by the Specification.
- Suitable protection of all machined surfaces, stud threads etc. by use of masking tape or other aids.
- Selection of the correct coating materials required, including mixing the product by specified or recognised methods.
- To Apply Etch, Etch/Primer, Primer, Undercoat and Topcoats as necessary to suit the material being sprayed and to ensure correct adhesion of the product, coating thickness and finish required.
To ensure that all Parts and Assemblies to be painted are safely loaded and secured to trolleys, trestles or other supports and that no parts are left free standing without a recognised means of support or restraint (i.e. lifting frames support feet).
To Paint from time to time any other parts that may be required to be painted/repainted for Production or other departments, to satisfy business demands or customer requirements.
Selwood are pleased to offer a Competitive Salary, Pension, 24 days Holiday + Bank holidays, Child Care Voucher scheme & on site parking.
This role covers Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week.
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference R1444.
This position is NOT open to Agencies.