Selwood manufactured pumps, synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
With decades of experience in the design and manufacture of pumps for the water, environmental and construction sectors, Selwood has a full product range for all applications including solids handling, high volume drainers, high head, hydraulic submersible, chopper and positive displacement pumps.
Selwood Pump Sales are headquartered in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire with good transport links to the M27 and M3 as well as Chandlers Ford train station.
Our Pump Production team are inviting applications for the position of Production Support Operative to offer support and assistance to the Production area. Support will include material moving activities to ensure pump accessory kits and other materials are available to our assembly fitters to ensure timely building of pumps.
- Previous work history within a similar environment
- Holder of a counterbalance forklift licence.
- Demonstrable understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- Practically minded and able to use hand tools to put together a variety of assemblies used within the area.
- Previous usage of overhead cranes and hoists to recognised safety standards
- To be a pro active Team player with a positive attitude to work
Daily responsibilities of this role:
- To collect engines and canopies etc. from their stored locations and deliver in good time to the Production area so as to reduce lost time and minimise the need for fitters to collect parts for the area.
- To assist in the Production area assembling accessory kits etc. for Production use, or for Spares or Customer requirements, in line with the Production Plan and Sales Orders.
- To move finished pump assemblies to the test areas and despatch store as required, to facilitate testing and safe storage. Also to assist Fitters setting up Large Pump assemblies for test purposes.
- To include on the job training so that the job holder can gain knowledge and experience in areas where they can learn to build different types of assemblies/sub-assemblies to increase the availability of parts for Production and/or Customer demand, whilst maintaining acceptable levels of Quality and Reliability.
- To undergo training to become a stand-in Spray Painter for Holidays and Sickness cover – subject to attaining an acceptable standard of finish.
- To ensure that any query relating to materials or parts issued are made known to the Manager/Supervisor, so that suitable corrective actions can be carried out and that any additional materials used are accounted for.
- To use hoists, cranes and other equipment to safely lift, move, load or unload, components or assemblies as necessary to carry out tasks.
- To perform other tasks within the job holders ability (may include housekeeping and other maintenance issues) as and when required to satisfy procedures and departmental requirements.
Selwood are pleased to offer an hourly rate of £9.31 per hour, Pension, 24 days Holiday + Bank holidays, Child Care Voucher scheme & on site parking.
This role covers Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference R1447
This position is NOT open to Agencies.