IT Support Technician
Selwood is a world leader in pump manufacturing, the leading pump rental solutions company in the UK and a renowned supplier of plant and construction equipment for hire and sale.
Due to Selwood's continued success and growth we now require an IT Support Technician to provide effective IT assistance to users across all aspects of the business.
Responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems and Microsoft Exchange environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software.to assist the team with a variety of tasks to support the IT users within our business. This role will join a busy team that support our Nationwide network of 29 branches.
This role is based at Selwood Head Office in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire. This is a full time position covering Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Clear communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Technical understanding of most of the following: Windows 7-10, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Office.
- Passionate about IT, keen to keep up to date with technical trends and emerging technologies
- An IT based qualification
Provide Helpdesk support for all PC users, including general PC operation and Hardware, logging calls placed with external Support companies when necessary.
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops.
- Installing and configuring authorised software to laptops and desktops.
- Mobile Phones - provide support for all Company Mobile phone users and order new connections, accessories and upgrades as required per existing policies.
- Telephones – provide support for all company telephone users.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives.
- Print, distribute and archive Reports and ensure distribution schedules are up to date.
- Following written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Setting up accounts and profiles for new users and dealing with password issues.
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers.
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks / activities may be necessary, as the Company’s commercial activities require.
Selwood are pleased to offer a salary between £18,000 to £23,000 per annum, Pension, 24 days holiday + Bank holidays, Child Care voucher Scheme and free parking.
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference R1432.
Closing date for applications Sunday 29th January 2017.
This role is not open to Agencies - Please no sales calls.