As the leading pump rental solutions company in the UK, Selwood has an outstanding reputation for exceptional customer service backed by one of the largest fleets of quality pump products and supported with technical knowledge and genuine 24/7, 365 days-a-year service.
Each customer and each project is unique and we are proud to deliver bespoke installation, site surveys and exceptional customer service from our rental branches across the UK.
We are looking for an Installations Operative to join our Bedford branch, this is a vibrant team who work closely together to deliver to the needs of our clients. This position will work within the Yard at our Bedford site as well as Installation sites when required. A positive / flexible attitude is required for this role, which plays a key support to our LGV Drivers, Engineers and Branch Operations.
The Installations Operative will provide support to the pump hire solutions business unit to ensure we deliver uniformed approach to solutions projects across our business network, meeting existing and future objectives and goals in line with our broader company strategy. This role will be responsible for its own acts and omissions, delivering a safety culture and quality service that further develop our customers experience always the central focus of our business strategy.
Qualifications & Competencies:
• Work history within a similar environment with knowledge and understanding of on-site safety.
• Must be a physically able individual.
• Must have the aptitude to work on construction sites.
• Must be able to adapt and meet challenging situations
• Must be flexible with their working hours and be available to be ‘on call’
• Must be willing to travel and on occasions work away from home
• Holder of a construction Skills CSCS card
• National Water Hygiene Card
• Forklift truck operator certification
• An understanding of the workings of a temporary / permanent pumping solution.
Key Skills Required:
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• Team working skills
• Have the ability to learn
Tasks & Responsibilities within the Bedford branch:
- To keep the yard and workshops in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- To assist with loading and unloading of vehicles, checking against paperwork, missing, damages and fuel charges.
- To maintain hose and accessories storage, to include keeping a check on minimum stocking levels available and advising the management teams.
- To test all lay flat hose, clean, roll, and clearly mark as to size and length of each roll.
- To assist fitting / electrical staff when required, with tasks as instructed, i.e. lifting, moving, in depot or on-site.
- To clean hire equipment prior to entry to workshop, using pressure/steam-cleaning equipment
Onsite Installations responsibilities:
- Ensure you continually adhere to our QHSE policies and procedures we provide, focusing on best practice and your uniformed approach, adhering to all our internal and external procedural and legal requirements.
- Have the conference, knowledge and experience to stop the installation and advise your supervisor if any safety issues arise.
- Manage your own site safety and be a part of the safety of everybody else on site completing the installation.
- Identify and recommend any innovative solution and processes to make our business and offering to our customer base, more unique and attractive and make ourselves more efficient in the ways to complete installation.
- Work in conjunction with specialist sub-contractors, require to complete the project in hand.
- Work in accordance with on-site RAMS produced, to ensuring all on-site risks have been identified and stringent control measure have been put into place and communicated to you.
- Work in accordance with the methodology of the installation that has been communicated to all staff and customers before the work commences.
- Liaise with site supervisors and installation manager to deliver up to date information on the installation progress and any potential problems and foreseeable issues.
- Assist loading/unloading vehicles, checking against paperwork, missing, damages and fuel charges.
Selwood are pleased to offer a hourly rate of £8.62 per -£9.60 depending on experience. 24 days + Bank Holiday, Overtime rates, Pension scheme and Company sick pay. Parking on site.
Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
To apply for this position, please send your current CV to email@example.com quoting ref R1449 in the subject line.