Selwood Plant and Pump hire are proudly entering our 70th year of business. From humble beginnings in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire, we can now boast over 27 branches nationwide which have cemented our place as the UK’s No1 plant and pump hire business.
Due to our continued success and growth, we are looking for a Group Financial Controller to join our Head office in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Chief Financial Officer
No. of staff
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Reporting to the CFO, the role of Group Financial Controller is a key management position to ensure the financial integrity of the group and to deliver compliant and timely reporting to both external bodies and internal customers and stakeholders.
In addition to delivering a well-controlled financial environment, the role will be required to deliver ongoing review and improvement of controls, reporting and governance by liaising with the business to provide challenge and inspiration.
The FC will support the Executive management team on technical accounting development areas ranging from corporate structure, taxation matters and investment appraisals for both UK and overseas operations. Financing and banking strategy and relationships are an important element of enabling the business and the role will play a key role in this arena.
The FC needs to play a key role in developing the capability and effectiveness of the finance function and business information provision, insight and analysis through developing systems infrastructure with IT. This is required to advance the reporting capability, flexibility and alignment to the evolving business.
The FC also has responsibility for delivering the budgeting and forecasting processes, with a key role being ensuring their probity and ability to present the projected business performance against the elements of strategic priorities.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for the group entities
- Managing the audit process with external auditors and oversight and preparation of information including tax computations. Oversee / perform required returns, including all statutory returns, liaise with HMRC as necessary re queries, audits etc, ensure all tax / VAT returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Review and develop the business’ control environment and specifically ensuring the financial control environment is suitable for the organisation. This will include oversight and assessment of financial processes and controls, authority levels, control account reconciliations etc.
- Operational oversight of banking and insurance, working with the CFO to ensure the services are aligned to the business needs
- Management of foreign currency requirements including hedging, ensuring risk is managed appropriately and all necessary reporting is completed
- Manage the delivery of the annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Deliver and develop timely monthly and management reporting, including management accounts, business, KPIs and non-financial information as may be required
- Lead the project to implement new accounting and reporting software for the business
- Perform other duties as required by the CFO / CEO
- As part of the Senior Management Team to lead / participate in wider business activities and projects
Experience / career background:
·Qualified accountant: ICAEW (Preferred), CIMA or ACCA
·Demonstrable post qualified experience in taking a lead role in the preparation of statutory information and reporting
·Experience and capability within the of UK tax environment, together with ability to work with and challenge external advisors on wider tax matters needing consideration within the business
·Experience of leading and managing teams
·Ability to drive and influence change and improve the finance capability and control environment
·Experience of using and developing accounting systems and reporting systems / processes within an organisation
·Leading and preparation of business plans, budgets and forecasting
·Investment appraisal and analysis
The ideal candidate will have:
·Proven Ability to lead and shape the finance function and team
·Capability to define and manage own/team priorities based on broad objectives and needs
·Ability to develop relationships and influence across all levels within the business
·Excellent communication skills
·Strong commercial awareness and analytical ability, combined with an ability to present information effectively
·Advanced level of use of Excel and data analysis tools
·Challenging approach to work (looking to drive improvements through an understanding of root causes and how they can be effectively implemented)
·Excellent inter-personal and team leadership skills
·Strong planning, time management and attention to detail
·Ability to adapt own approach and priorities in line with changing business needs / priorities
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary and package for the successful candidate.
Closing date Friday 20th May 2016.
Strictly No Agencies.