Design Engineering Team Leader
Due to Selwood’s continued success as the UK No1 in Pump manufacturing, Sales & Hire, we are looking for a Design Office Team Leader to join our talented team in Chandlers Ford.
This full time position will support the Engineering Director with timely completion of projects and accurate forecasting of milestones and completion dates.
The Design Office Team Leader will be responsible for the design office work loading and will progress jobs in a timely manner. The role will generate and maintain Technical documentation, risk assessments and ESHr surveys for all projects moving through the department. The role will have direct line responsibility for 4 staff.
Further responsibilities include;
• Liaise with Engineering supervisor to ensure testing regime for projects nearing completion is accurate and completed timely.
• To assist with queries from the Production area and sub-contract supplies.
• To liaise with suppliers to ensure “best available practice” is maintained through the manufacturing process.
• To assume ownership of design from receipt of specification to delivery of finish product.
• Provide electrical competence and be a subject matter expert within this field.
• Proven history within a similar industry ideally knowledge of rotating equipment
• Previous man management responsibilities at an operational level
Qualifications and knowledge:
• Degree / HNC in Electro Mechanical Engineering
• Extensive knowledge of electric motors and controls and associated EU directives.
• Knowledge of CE marking regulations and compliance documentation for creation of technical files
• Strong communication skills with the ability for logical decision making.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday Bank Holidays, Childcare vouchers and free onsite parking.
To apply for this position please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref R1392
Closing date for applications Wednesday 28th September 2016
No Agencies -thank you