Selwood has an extensive Plant fleet available for hire or sale from our network of regional branches across England and Wales. Our teams have an un rivalled depth of technical expertise and we are proud to deliver exceptional customer service and plant hire solutions. Our Plant Hire range includes excavators, dumpers, telehandlers, rollers and compressors.
To support further business development, we are looking for a Sales / Hire Representative to join our branch in Cardiff. This role will manage and develop a portfolio of local accounts with a strategic approach to ensure the branch and the business unit achieves its planned revenues and profits.
The Sales / Hire Representative will report to our Director of Sales & Operations
Scope of the Sales / Hire Representative:
1. To promote all aspects of the Selwood business operation including hire, sales and service to existing and potential customers.
2. To ensure the professional representation of the Selwood business operations with the assistance of the Branch Manager.
3. To ensure the achievement of planned revenues and profits through the effective control of account management including debts, invoice queries, pricing.
4. Develop and expand the customer base with new and dormant accounts to ensure the branch has exposure to all available market sectors, increasing the number of monthly trading accounts.
5. Follow up in a timely manner all sales leads passed on from colleagues and those generated by the sales leads system.
6. Ensure that weekly call planners and call reports are completed on time in and accordance with the requirements of the Sales Manager.
7. Maintain a close working relationship with Credit Control ensuring that all associated debts are properly managed in line with Company policy and procedure.
8. To produce sales reports every month on current activities, and attend regular branch review meetings.
9. To ensure that all activities are carried out in full compliance both with company policies and relevant legislation.
10. Ensure that any Company vehicles, property and fixed assets under your control are properly maintained in line with Company standards.
For this role the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proven sales history with a mixture of prospecting and client visits
• Knowledge or experience of the plant hire or equipment hire industry
• Results driven individual with a passion and drive to exceed targets
• Strong communication and negotiation skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent time management, planning & organising skills to ensure efficient and effective daily activities
• Competent IT user (Microsoft Office Packages, sales management systems and internal systems)
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive base salary, bonus scheme, Pension, 24 days holiday + Bank holiday, Company cars and associated IT Equipment.
Strictly NO Agencies
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference R1462