Selwood are leaders in Pump & Plant manufacture, rental and sales. We are passionate about our service offering with unrivalled expertise and are proud to deliver to our clients on a global platform.
With a foundation of 70 years within our industry, Selwood continues to be an innovative business responding to meet the needs of our clients with cutting edge approaches to customer service, product development, manufacture and service.
To support the business with the achievement of strategic business goals, we are inviting applications for the position of Director of IT to be based at our headquarters in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire.
This is a core role to support the Group Board in the development of the business and to oversee the use of technology throughout the business, including its development and implementation, ensuring that it is able to meet both the needs of Selwood for today and the future.
Key Short Term Objectives of this position:
• Review the current demand on the IT function and implement a business process for the prioritisation of delivery, including initial demand evaluation and resource management. This will feed into the longer term strategy and IT roadmap
• Lead the programme for the definition and development of key new business systems covering finance, business information and reporting, HR and manufacturing support
• Develop key relationships and reporting needs
• Define and implement project management principles, standards, quality testing and sign-off
• Leading the IT function
• Working closely with the operating business units and executive team to ensure that business development and IT projects are well defined, prioritised and delivered within a structured, monitored and well communicated methodology.
• Preparation of a clear technology and systems roadmap for the business
• Thought Leadership for the application of new technologies, systems and approaches for the business by identifying, nurturing and working with operating business units to mature ideas into feasible and deliverable outcomes
• Working closely with business function such as Finance, HR, Engineering to understand their business and information needs to identify and shape solutions
• Ensure the IT infrastructure is fit for purpose and meets the ongoing needs of the business and has a clear maintenance / development plan
• Define and oversee appropriate IT security and governance policies to protect the business systems data and processes
• Define clear approach for the management of the supply chain and delivering best value with engaged suppliers working together with the business for the best outcome
• Ensure ongoing support of the business on a day to day is delivered effectively and engages well across the business
• IT Budget and resource requirements are defined and well managed
• Technical Capability
• Communication and relationship management
• Customer Focus
• Driving Change
• Strategic thinking
Knowledge & Qualifications:
Educated to degree level in computer science or a relevant subject, the business also requires the role to have:
• A sound understanding with 5+ years of experience within programming, systems and architectural analysis and development
• Significant experience of leading programme and project delivery
• Staff management, development and team leadership
• Change management, both from an IT project perspective, but additionally wider business and cultural change
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a high aptitude towards communication and stakeholder management to all levels within the business. The role will require a high level of engagement across the business to ensure that change and IT development is well understood, supported and delivered successfully
The business operates a number of technology platforms and will also need to bring new systems into the business in the near term. It is essential that the candidate can demonstrate significant technical understanding of a wide range of platforms and the ability to quickly understand any new technology.
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks / activities may be necessary, as the Company’s commercial activities require.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday Bank Holidays, Company Car, Childcare voucher Scheme and free onsite parking. This position covers Monday to Friday 37.5 per week.
To apply for this position please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref R1466
This role is not open to Agencies so please no sales calls or approaches. Thank you.