- Learn and develop the skills to design and build one off prototype pumps.
- Learn and develop the skills and experience required to maintain the development of existing products.
- Develop an understanding of the Company’s commercial interest.
- Learn and understand the environmental impact of the Company’s pump products.
- Assist the Engineering Supervisor, his Technician and drawing office with the research, design and development of prototype pumps and changes to existing products.
- Develop knowledge and skills to implement ideas to improve pump products and systems.
The Engineering Supervisor
Other regular contacts within the organisation
HR Training and Development Advisor
Technical Support Manager
Drawing Office Supervisor
Quality Assurance Senior Inspector
Pump Production Manager and his staff
Stores Manager and operatives
Other Head Office functions
Literacy and numeracy skills grade C and above
Responsibilities - Specific
- To obtain the knowledge and skills which satisfies the knowledge and performance criteria relevant for the QCF National Diploma Level 2 and Level 3.
- To attend the nominated technical colleges in accordance with an agreed timetable.
- Submit work based knowledge evidence to the college tutors and assessor within the agreed timescale as indicated on assessment plans and subsequent reviews.
- To complete the Modern and Advanced Apprenticeship framework within the laid down timescale.
- Assist the R & D Engineering Supervisor and his Technician with prototype build programs and subsequent testing and trials.
- To assist the R & D Engineering Supervisor and his Technician with the investigation of common design faults and subsequent rectification, testing and trials.
- To assist the drawing office with internal projects as directed by the Drawing Office Supervisor.
- To complete all technical documentation as directed in the required timescale
- Attend academic and technical progress and performance reviews as directed
Responsibilities – General
- To adhere and comply with the Company QHSE policy and procedures.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods and procedures.
- To undertake relevant training and development activities.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company environmental guidelines and policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the position and level of responsibilities of the post.
To apply for this position, please go to: www.apprenticeships.gov.uk