Selwood has an extensive fleet available for hire or sale from our network of regional branches across England and Wales. Our teams have an unrivalled depth of technical expertise and we are proud to deliver exceptional customer service and plant hire solutions.
Selwood are looking for a Yardsperson / Labourer to join the team based at our Plant Head Office in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire. This physical role covers Monday to Friday across 40 hours per week.
The Yardsperson /Labourer role is to ensure safe and clean site working conditions at our busy branch. Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that the successful candidate will be physically able and ideally will hold a Forklift truck certificate and clean driving licence. History of work within the Plant industry would be desirable.
- To keep the yard and workshops in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- To assist with loading and unloading of vehicles, checking against paperwork, missing, damages and fuel charges.
- To assist fitting staff when required, with tasks as instructed, i.e. lifting, moving, in depot or on-site.
- To clean hire equipment prior to entry to workshop, using pressure/steam-cleaning equipment.
- To be polite and co-operative with staff/customers, and, when on-site, be aware of promoting the Company.
- To be able to communicate accurately to your supervisor, work colleagues and customers re job specifications when required e.g. ETA’s and missing and damaged items, obtaining signatures and names when delivering/collecting.
- To comply with all PPE requirements for Selwood or site regulations.
- Carry out all given tasks as set out in the Company Policy Procedures as applicable.
- The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks/activities may be necessary, as the Company’s commercial activities require
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive hourly rate, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and Company sick pay.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference R1349