Selwood Plant Hire, Sales & Service have an extensive fleet available for hire or sale from our network of regional branches across England and Wales. Our teams have an unrivalled depth of technical expertise and we are proud to deliver exceptional customer service and plant hire solutions.
Our Chandlers Ford Support Centre are looking for a Workshop Manager to join and lead the team on a full time permanent basis.
The Workshop Manager will be responsible for the management of the Southern Support Centre and Service Engineers to satisfy demands of our Customers and Hire fleet, whilst promoting Health and Safety and relevant compliance.
The Workshop Manager's role covers four core area's of responsibility:
- To ensure all equipment purchased for either retail to 3rd party customers or for Hire Fleet use is prepared to the required standard such as delivery reports, pre-delivery inspections, modifications, fitting of attachments etc., in readiness for delivery to 3rd party customers or Hire Fleet.
- To maintain ongoing contact with 3rd party customers with regards to 1st and subsequent services to ensure their product satisfaction and recovery of labour / parts costs to maximise external revenue.
- To set a professional example of good workmanship, management, discipline and ensure that all Company property and equipment is maintained to the required Company and manufacturers standard to prevent any accident or injury to any person or damage to Company property.
- Have open communication with the Fleet Manager with regards to material expenditure on Hire Fleet items, procuring parts and spares where necessary to make sure equipment is available as soon as possible within the approved authority limits
Supervision (to include training)
- Supervise & monitor, approved workshops training programmes. Assisting with the continuous training and development and performance of all workshop staff.
- To be responsible for the performance quality and standard of work produced by all workshop staff.
- Liaising with the Fleet Manager/Operations Manager select, interview, evaluate and employ any additional or replacement workshop staff.
- To Job Chat all direct subordinates in line with company policies and ensure that all employees recruited demonstrate a suitable level of competence to perform their duties safely and effectively.
- To understand and interpret relevant instructions and technical information, so as to ensure all tasks are carried out in the most efficient and safe manner.
- Manage and maintain the programme of maintenance, calibration, thorough examination, repair and service of equipment.
- To ensure warranty paperwork and parts are processed correctly, both internal and external as required by the Manufacturer in conjunction with the Warranty Co-Ordinator.
Health and Safety
- All Safety Sampling is correctly carried out on a month basis and this to include certain Toolbox Talks when required.
- To ensure that all company administration, quality assurance and health and safety policies are fully adhered to and that all activities are carried out in full compliance both with our policies and relevant statutory legislation.
- To be responsible for ensuring a high standard of housekeeping within the workshop, yard and surrounding areas
The role may also require occasional travel to other branches or customer sites. This is not a definitive list and other tasks/activities may be necessary, as the Company’s commercial activities require.
Qualifications & Competencies required:
- City & Guilds Craft Certificate, NVQ Level 3 in Plant Maintenance or equivalent.
- Proven responsibilities within Man-Management
- CITB National Construction College Certificate in Test and Inspection (includes the Thorough Examination of Plant).
- Working knowledge & understanding of the LOLER/PUWER regulations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation.
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to interpret and follow statutory procedures.
- Ability to keep accurate, detailed records using internal software and Microsoft Office.
- Be an effective communicator, with the ability to persuade and influence.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership of workload
- Competent in IT programmes.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, 24 days holiday +BH, Pension Scheme and Company sick pay.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting role ref number R1409
No Agencies or sales calls