Founded in 1946, Selwood is now a £50m turnover company employing 470 staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
Selwood has developed a specialist pump hire division and is currently the No. 1 Pump Hirer in the UK with an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise and the largest and most modern fleet.
We are inviting applications for the position of Workshop Foreman to be based at our busy branch in Middlesbrough
The role of the Workshop Foreman is to ensure the smooth running of the workshop on a day-to-day basis, maximising the utilisation of resources (staff skills), materials and equipment at a minimal cost. This permanent full time role (Monday to Friday) is essential to the success of the team and branch overall.
The successful candidate will hold a background within a similar environment with man management responsibilities.
Qualifications and tickets required:
- NVQ Level 3 in Plant Maintenance and Repair (or NVQ Level 2)
- CSCS Gold Card
- Abrasive Wheels
- Health & Safety Certificate
Further responsibilities of this position will include:
- Ensure that the Company’s rules and procedures, standard safety measures and fire regulations are enforced.
- Liaise with fitters to list spares and calculate times of repairs and forward information to line manager so that accurate estimates can be raised
- To be responsible for the quality and standard of work produced, for the discipline of workshop staff and report any serious breaches to line manager.
- To set programmes for the fitting staff and, if agreed by line manager, implement.
- Maintain and submit appropriate records and returns as required by the Company or applicable legislation.
- Note any reoccurring problems with machines and bring these to the attention of the line manger
- To service and repair plant and pumps to a high standard whilst being aware of estimated costs and times.
- Report any problems on spare parts to line manger so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Inform line manager of any training needs that may assist fitting staff in carrying out their duties.
- Recommend improvements to work methods, systems, procedures and equipment likely to reduce waste and cost and ensure implementation of those improvements when approved.
- Ensure that all the necessary administration required for the control of work within the department is completed and submitted to the Branch Manager.
- Assist in the training and development of workshop staff
- To understand and interpret work to relevant instructions and technical information available, so as to carry out all tasks in the most efficient and safe manner.
- As necessary, to personally carry out work in compliance with recommended manufacturer’s procedures and having regard for own health and safety, Company employees, customers, general public and the environment.
- Ensure that they, and all fitting staff adhere to PPE regulations
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive hourly rate, 24 days holiday +BH, Pension Scheme and Company sick pay.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting role ref number R1408