Selwood is a leading provider within the Pump Hire and Sales industry and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
We are known for our vision to be the No. 1 supplier of choice locally, based on our first class service and quality of our equipment.
Selwood are welcoming applications for the position of Workshop Fitter to join the team in our repair centre. The role of the Workshop Fitter is to carry out maintenance on our Fleet of Hire pumps as required.
This role covers Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
We welcome applications from both seasoned individuals as well as those in the early stages of their career, as development opportunities are available for all.
Due to the nature of the Workshop Fitter role we will require the successful candidate to hold NVQ Level 2 in Plant Maintenance or a qualification relevant to working on large engines.
The Workshop Fitter will work with our existing team to maintain and service our fleet of Rental diesel pumps that serve our client base across the country. Our knowledgeable and skilled workshop team take pride in the pumps they maintain and service and provide an invaluable service to our Pump Rental Solutions operations nationwide.
- Carry out work in compliance with recommended manufacturers’ procedures and having regard for own health and safety, company employees, customers, general public and the environment.
- To understand, interpret and work to the relevant instructions and technical information available so as to carry out all tasks in the most efficient and safe manner.
- To communicate accurately with immediate supervisor, work colleagues and customers alike on job requirements e.g. cost, downtime, and identifying cause. Able to obtain signatures and names from site and to ensure the smooth processing of paper work.
- Maintain your own work area, whether on customers’ or Selwood sites in a clean and tidy state.
- Daily maintenance checks on company vehicle (where applicable) to be carried out e.g. water/oil levels, clean lights and windscreen. Keeping the vehicle interior and exterior clean.
- To be polite and cooperative with colleagues and customers alike.
- All small tools or equipment used to be kept in good condition. Any defects found must be reported to supervisor.
- To comply with all PPE requirements, either by Selwood or specific customer site regulations.
- Carry out all given tasks as set out in the Company Policy procedures. Those applicable to be detailed by your immediate supervisor.
- Must be fit and able to operate vehicles, Selwood and customer’s, machines without impaired vision or hearing and must comply with statutory medical standards.
Selwood are pleased to offer a starting hourly rate of £11.76 per hour DOE, Pension scheme, 24 holidays + BH. Free on site parking.
To apply for this position, please send with your current CV to email@example.com quoting R1470 in the subject line