Selwood is a leading provider within the Pump and Plant industry and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
We are known for our vision to be the No. 1 supplier of choice locally, based on our first class service and quality of our equipment.
At Selwood we are always looking for talented people to join our teams across the UK. Come join the leading plant hire company in the country and discover what we can do for you. Selwood is proud to be a leading company in terms of personal development and career progression, We put our employees at the forefront of our business and invest heavily in the training and development of each staff member.
We are looking for a Workshop Fitter to join the team at our Exeter branch. This role covers Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
We offer free parking on site.
We welcome applications from both seasoned individuals as well as those in the early stages of their career, as development opportunities are available for all.
To carry out plant maintenance as required.
Exeter workshops and / or Customers Sites
Applicants must hold a NVQ Level 2 in Plant Maintenance
Full driving licence (maximum of 6 points)
- Carry out work in compliance with recommended manufacturers’ procedures and having regard for own health and safety, company employees, customers, general public and the environment.
- To understand, interpret and work to the relevant instructions and technical information available so as to carry out all tasks in the most efficient and safe manner.
- To communicate accurately with immediate supervisor, work colleagues and customers alike on job requirements e.g. cost, downtime, and identifying cause. Able to obtain signatures and names from site and to ensure the smooth processing of paper work.
- Maintain your own work area, whether on customers’ or Selwood sites in a clean and tidy state.
- Daily maintenance checks on company vehicle (where applicable) to be carried out e.g. water/oil levels, clean lights and windscreen. Keeping the vehicle interior and exterior clean.
- To be polite and cooperative with colleagues and customers alike. Whilst on site, be customer focussed and aware that you are promoting the Company.
- All small tools or equipment used to be kept in good condition. Any defects found must be reported to supervisor.
- To comply with all PPE requirements, either by Selwood or specific customer site regulations.
- Carry out all given tasks as set out in the Company Policy procedures. Those applicable to be detailed by your immediate supervisor.
- Must be fit and able to operate vehicles, Selwood and customer’s, machines without impaired vision or hearing and must comply with statutory medical standards.
To apply for this position, please send with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting R1366 in the subject line