Product excellence. Passionate about service. Proud to deliver.
Selwood Pump Solutions are looking to expand the workshop team based in Liverpool by inviting applications for a Workshop Electrician to focus on our submersible pumps.
This full time permanent role (Monday to Friday) will join a highly skilled, busy workshop in a position that will be supported by the Submersible Centre Manager.
To maintain, service and repair electrical and mechanical equipment in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Carry out electrical installation work efficiently in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current I.E.E.Regulations for Electrical Installations, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
- Maintain, service and repair electrical/mechanical pump sets within the hire fleet and also any customer units as required to the required legislative standards.
- Produce reports and estimates to repair set units and advise on safety issues as necessary.
- Ensure necessary Risk Assessment/Method Statements are documented and completed or adhered to. Ensure they are properly communicated and followed.
- Acknowledge and adhere to site specific requirements specifically Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure that all on-site installations are carried out to comply with current Wiring Regulations.
- Be able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials.
- Be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and, if required, supervise other operatives.
- Update relevant databases to ensuring accuracy of the information.
- Maintain excellent internal and external Customer relations by displaying politeness, respect and co-operation with Staff, Customers, and members of the public or other road users alike. When on site act as an ambassador of Selwood Limited, promoting both the Company brand products and image.
- Communicate accurately to your immediate line manager, work colleagues and customers regarding certain job specifications when required, e.g. ETA’s, missing and damaged items. Obtain signatures, full name, date and times when delivering and collecting.
- Ensure branded work clothing is worn at all times and comply with all PPE requirements either by Selwood or specific customer site regulations.
- Carry out any specific tasks as detailed by your immediate line manager in accordance with the Company Policies and Procedures.
- Depending on the need of the business you may be required to take part on call outs and be on the Rota either regularly or on the ad-hoc basis.
Proven experience of electrical & mechanical repair.
Experience in similar industry, preferably within the construction/pump industry.
Experience working as an Electrician subsequent to the satisfactory completion of training and immediately prior to the application.
Due to the nature of our business we will require one of the following:
- City & Guilds (2382-12) Electrical Installations , IEE Wiring Regulations 17th edition (BS7671 2008 (2011))
- City & Guilds (2330) Level 2 or 3 Technical Certificate for Electrical Apprentices.
- City & Guilds 2357 is a diploma in Electro technology
- AM2 ( Achievement measurement 2)
- City & Guilds 2391 (101 or 301) – (BS7671 knowledge)
- City & Guilds 2394 – Award in the initial verification and certification of new electrical installations.
- City & Guilds 2395 – As above but also covers the periodic inspection and certification of Electrical installations.
- ECS Gold card Holder
Skills & Competencies
Practical and electrical engineering skills with technical supervisor knowledge to work on own initiative without supervision.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive hourly rate, 24 days holiday +BH, Pension Scheme and Company sick pay.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting role ref number R1400
No Agencies or sales calls -thank you