Selwood are proud to Design, Manufacture and produce Pumps which are synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, and are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
Selwood's success is driven by the work of our Design and Production teams within our manufacturing facilities based in Chandlers Ford Hampshire. To compliment our teams and to continually drive quality through the manufacturing process we are inviting applications for the position of Supervising Quality Inspector.
This role will manage and ensure timely and effective Inspection of purchased parts and will be involved in the reviewing and implementation of Inspection best working practices.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Formal Technical Engineering / Craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 / TR23 /TR21 or HNC.
- Knowledge of hand held measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and implementation.
- History of working in a man management role.
The supervisor - Quality inspection is responsible for ensuring the goods received from suppliers meet the criteria of the purchase order and are compliant in all respects. The position will drive inspection by being focussed on quality and will contribute to the overall success of the business by:
• Building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive working practices.
• To plan, monitor and manage the daily priorities of the Inspection offering to include the direction and supervision of other Quality inspectors.
• To work with the Engineering Director to deliver on projects to improve inspection.
• To attend relevant business unit meetings.
• To produce accurate and timely reporting on inspections achieved against projected work levels.
• To ensure that all components received adhere to specification and are of a suitable quality and to work closely with purchasing department.
• To inspect finished pump sets against customer order, drawing and/or verbal instructions ensuring that a suitable quality standard is achieved prior to despatch.
• To ensure non-conforming components are quarantined and suppliers are liaised with for non-conformance issues.
• To ensure on time calibration of relevant equipment and to maintain relevant records.
• Promote the development of lean techniques throughout the team and supply base.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, 24 days + Bank Holiday, Pension scheme and Company sick pay. Parking on site.
Selwood are committed to the continual development and training of our teams.
Monday to Friday – 39 hours per week
To apply for this position, please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref R1454 in the subject line.