Selwood manufactured pumps, synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
With decades of experience in the design and manufacture of pumps for the water, environmental and construction sectors, Selwood has a full product range for all applications including solids handling, high volume drainers, high head, hydraulic submersible, chopper and positive displacement pumps.
Selwood Pump Sales are headquartered in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire with good transport links to the M27 and M3 as well as Chandlers Ford train station.
Our Pump Production team are inviting applications for the position of Stores Person to join the team who accept and dispatch components and materials to support Pump Production and Sales.
• Literate, Numerate, and Physically Fit (to be able to meet the physical requirements of the role)
• Counterbalance/ Flexi Fork Truck Licence
• Understanding of Health & Safety requirements
• History of working within a busy stores environment
• Knowledge of General Stores Practices
• Ability to work to tight deadlines within a team
Daily responsibilities of this role:
- Acceptance and storage of received components and materials from suppliers and carrier services.
- The storage and retrieval of Goods, into and from designated Stock Locations.
- The Kitting of Works Orders, Sales Orders and Branch Orders as and when required.
- To suitably pack, Sales and Branch Orders and Despatch them in accordance with Customers Delivery Dates, observing any Special Instruction that may apply.
- The Issuing of Shortages and Unplanned Issues to satisfy Production demands and the acceptance of unplanned receipts and returns.
- To ensure the Safe use of Fork Lift Trucks in the Unloading of Materials and Assemblies, and the Loading of Materials and Finished Pumps onto or from Suppliers, Customers or Outside Carriers Vehicles or Containers.
- To carry out Cyclic Counting as required to satisfy company requirements.
- To perform other tasks that are required to ensure that the Stores function operates Efficiently and in line with the demands of the Business.
Selwood are pleased to offer an hourly rate of £9.31 per hour, Pension, 24 days Holiday + Bank holidays, Child Care Voucher scheme & on site parking.
This role covers Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference R1446.
This position is NOT open to Agencies.