Founded in 1946, Selwood is now a £50m turnover company employing 500 staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
Selwood has developed a specialist pump hire division and is currently the No. 1 Pump Hirer in the UK with an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise and the largest and most modern fleet.
To drive our Sales strategy we are inviting applications for the position of Regional Account Manager to be based from Leeds.
The purpose of the Regional Account Manager will be to visit sites and regional offices of specific National Account customers building meaningful local relationships. The role will ensure clients receive a seamless and professional approach promoting the utilisation of the best technical solutions to their pumping requirements in order to maximise the potential revenues from these customers.
The ideal candidate will come from the Hire industry ideally with a knowledge base of pumps and pumping solutions along with a proven record in sales. Working history within utilities frameworks is highly desirable.
Due to the customer base for this position, the candidate should be based within a commutable distance to Leeds.
1. Customer Management
• Establish and develop client interfaces, nurturing relationships and gaining trust and confidence in you, our products and our Company.
• To support, manage and maintain the Company’s 24/7 service offering as is reasonably practicable.
• Develop a sound understanding of the customer’s industry sector, their systems and processes.
• Attend customer meetings at as early a stage as practicable to ensure a thorough understanding of their projects and to work with them to identify potential solutions.
• Continually seek out related business and other opportunities.
• Work closely with the customer’s internal teams, to ensure a combined effort to achieve the best solutions and outcomes.
• Project manages all solutions from inception to completion, including technical aspects, installation, financial and management.
• Attend client review meetings where applicable.
• Produce reports for customers as and when required.
• Produce account management and ad-hoc reports for Area Sales Manager and Sales Director as and when required.
• Deliver presentations to customers to promote our range of products and services.
• Ensure agreed customer KPI’s are met to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
2. Delivery of Technical Solutions
• Ensure the customer understands the various technical solutions and associated outcomes, helping them to determine what service/product is required.
• Maximise in house expertise wherever possible.
• Design temporary pump hire solutions and identify resources required.
• Carry out site surveys and produce risk assessments and method statements considering all technical and operational aspects whilst liaising with the customer’s quality and safety representatives at all times.
• Produce Job Prices (utilising the Plant Hire System), in a timely manner for the supply and installation of pumping equipment offering the customer the most suitable and economical pump hire packages.
• Acquire and maintain an in depth knowledge of the pump range and services we can offer.
• Keep up to date with changes in technology and development in the customer’s industry sector and our own.
• To input relevant captured sales data / information into the Plant Hire System in a timely fashion.
• Adhere to the company’s QHSE procedures at all times.
• Adhere to and promote the company’s Core Values and Mission Statement.
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks and activities may be necessary, as the company’s commercial activities require.
Selwood are happy to offer a competitive salary, Company Car,24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme and Company sick pay.
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number -R1458