Selwood are leaders in Pump & Plant manufacture, rental and sales. We are passionate about our service offering with unrivalled expertise and are proud to deliver to our clients on a global platform.
With a foundation of 70 years within our industry, Selwood continues to be an innovative business responding to meet the needs of our clients with cutting edge approaches to customer service, product development, manufacture and service.
To support our head office function, we are inviting applications for the position of part time afternoon Receptionist, to provide professional and knowledgeable response to telephone callers and direct visitors to our site. This role joins the wider HR team, but will come into contact with the business on a nationwide basis as well as our wider customers base.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a customer facing environment or previous roles within a reception position and able to work the afternoon hours as detailed below.
Our people are the success of Selwood, so it is essential to demonstrate strong people skills, good communication and a willingness to support the HR team and wider business.
- To answer calls via switchboard and transferring them to the relevant department/individual.
- To greet visitors and ensure correct log of contact details and issue pass. Notify person they are visiting.
- To call Selwood's head office departments (daily/weekly) to ascertain who is in / out of the business and keep log in reception to assist in dealing with callers/visitors.
- Respond to any internal emergency calls (from within the site) as appropriate (Training and advice will be given)
- In the event of the fire alarm evacuate the building, if safe to do so take the hands free handset and visitors log, and report to Fire Warden (Training and instruction will be given)
- Ensure Reception area is welcoming, neat, tidy and clean.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support as required such as, but not exclusive to, sorting purchase orders on Hire System for Accounts Payable, Scan and save training certificates for Training team.
- Assist with processing of invoices, remittance advices, and statements in preparation for despatch.
- Provide cover for release of stationery orders and special stationery requests in absence of post room staff
- Liaise with relief receptionists to organise cover for planned absences
- Book meeting rooms and lunches if required
- To ensure all Company QHSE procedures are complied with.
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks / activities may be necessary, as the Company’s commercial activities require.
Selwood are pleased to offer an hourly rate of £10.77 per hour, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday Bank Holidays (to be pro rata), Childcare voucher Scheme and free onsite parking. This position covers Monday to Thursday 12.30pm -17.00 and Friday 12.30pm to 16.30 hours.
To apply for this position please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref R1471
This role is not open to Agencies so please no sales calls or approaches. Thank you.