Selwood manufactured pumps, synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
Due to Selwood’s continued success within Pump Sales, we are looking for a Pump Sales Manager to cover our territory within Scotland down to Middlesbrough. Due to the location of the Selwood operation, we would require the successful individual to reside within commutable distance of Glasgow.
This full time position will report to the Director of UK and European Business Development and will be responsible for achieving sales of manufactured pumps within the designated region and achieving planned revenue and profit for the year. In addition, this position will generate sales of factored products within the same designated area and to achieve planned revenue and profit for the year.
The Pump Sales Manager will travel extensively within designated regions and work closely with our UK Pump Hire Sales Managers to explore and support new business / market opportunities.
Further objectives for this role include:
- To ensure manufactured sales are maximised in the designated area.
- To ensure factored sales are maximised in the designated area.
- To encourage branch staff to generate leads from their knowledge of their individual areas and their relationship with their customer base and the prospects who may currently be using competitors.
- To ensure they have a first hand knowledge of the Water Authorities in their areas and to ensure that we are on the Water Authorities’ preferred suppliers list.
- To organise targeted mailshots within their areas and to ensure these are followed up.To provide monthly sales forecasts to the Accounts Manager and the Operations Director in the timescale set out.
- To provide a monthly report, at the same time as the forecast, to ensure all sales leads and quotations are prioritised in order that we can obtain the order. The report must also contain details of where we have lost the sale, so this can be evaluated and lessons learned for the future.
- To set up a list of prospects for each area in conjunction with local branch staff, in order that we can plan a co-ordinated sales approach to each of them. This list will be updated monthly and agreed with local staff and the Business Managers when necessary.
- To hold regular monthly scales meetings with branch staff in order that we can progress our list of prospects.
- To update branch staff with all quotations and tenders undertaken for their region.
- On a monthly basis, the Pump Sales Manager must obtain an update of the number of enquiries generated by each branch.
- On a weekly basis the Pump Sales Manager must submit to the Secretary of the Operations Director their movements and call plan for that week. The people seen during that week should then form part of their monthly report.
- It is essential that Pump Sales Managers keep an up-to-date database of their customers and prospects for the area.
- Knowledge of sales and hires within a similar industry.
- A background of Capital Sales, Account Management & Business Development.
- Engineering background preferable.
- Exposure to pump applications.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven history within an Engineering / Pump application background is essential
• Business development and Account Management background ideally within Scotland.
• Demonstrate drive and passion to succeed.
• Be able to foster collaborative working practices
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, Company Car, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday Bank Holidays, Childcare vouchers and free onsite parking.
To apply for this position please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref R1452
Closing date for applications Monday 3rd April 2017
No Agencies - No Calls . Thank you