Selwood manufactured pumps, synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
With decades of experience in the design and manufacture of pumps for the water, environmental and construction sectors, Selwood has a full product range for all applications including solids handling, high volume drainers, high head, hydraulic submersible, chopper and positive displacement pumps.
Selwood Pump Sales are headquartered in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire with good transport links to the M27 and M3.
To support our Pump Production Team with our Pump Sales business unit, we are inviting applications for the position of Pump Fitter / Electrician.
The Pump Fitter / Electrician will join the team and will be responsible for the build and testing of pump assemblies and will carry out electrical duties in line with the Selwood Production Programme.
This is a full time position -Monday to Friday position covering 40 hours per week.
To build Chassis Assemblies from designated kits to defined build numbers and specifications in an economic manner, within recognised timescales and to the required Quality level. This will include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Fitting Pump End and Engine or Motor to Chassis, fitting coupling and lining up assembly using shims, if necessary to ensure correct levels.
- Fitting Fuel Lines, Battery Assembly, Half Guards, Lifting Frame and other ancillary items as necessary.
- Filling Engine to correct grade and quantity of Oil, Antifreeze etc. in line with Specification.
- Ensure that all nuts bolts etc. are tightened to correct torque settings.
- Carry out a full operational test of the completed unit on ‘pond’ for pre-determined runtime to include Suction test, carry over test and checking for oil, fuel and water leaks in accordance with procedures.
- Dressing Pump End, applying Stickers, Labels etc. and Rating Plates and finish completed assembly to designated Standard, prior to completion of Production Data Card ready for Final Inspection.
To carry out Electrical Wiring to Various Pump Assemblies as required, in accordance with IEE 17th Edition Regulations. This will include but is not necessarily limited to:
- Connection of Engine Looms, Control Panels and Safety Devices.
- Suitable Earth Bonding and Connection of Safety Devices.
- Assembly and connection of electrical accessories/devices that may be required i.e. Auto Stop/Start Kits, Telemetry etc.
- Connection/disconnection of single and three phase mains supply to Electric Motors.
To ensure that any deviation from build specification or any query relating to materials or parts issued is made known to the Production Team Leader/Section Leader so that suitable corrective action can be carried out.
To use hoists, cranes or other lifting equipment to safely lift or move components or assemblies as necessary to carry out scheduled tasks.
Essential for this position:
• IEE 17th Edition Qualification.
• Self-Motivated and able to work on own initiative.
• Must have understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- Time served Electrical Apprenticeship including Mains and Auto-Electrician knowledge.
- Able to work with others as part of a team.
- Use of overhead cranes and hoists to recognised safety standards
- Proven history within a production /assembly environment
Selwood are pleased to offer a Competitive Salary, Pension, 24 days Holiday + Bank holidays, Child Care Voucher scheme
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference R1429