Selwood manufactured pumps, synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
With decades of experience in the design and manufacture of pumps for the water, environmental and construction sectors, Selwood has a full product range for all applications including solids handling, high volume drainers, high head, hydraulic submersible, chopper and positive displacement pumps.
Selwood Pump Sales are headquartered in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire with good transport links to the M27 and M3 as well as Chandlers Ford train station.
Our Pump Production team are inviting applications for the position of Pump Assembler to build and test pump assemblies in line with the Selwood pump production programme.
• Previous working history in an Engineering Assembly Environment.
• Self-Motivated and able to work with others as part of a team.
• Must have understanding of Health & Safety requirements
• Use of Hand and Air Driven Tools (including Torque Wrenches).
• Good practical working ability with an understanding of Assembly Drawings
• Use of overhead cranes and hoists to recognised safety standards.
Daily responsibilities of this role:
1. To Build Body Unit Assemblies from designated kits, to defined build numbers and specifications in an economic manner, within recognised timescales and to the required Quality Level. This will include, but is not necessarily limited to:-
- Degreasing Castings in Aqueous Cleaning Washer.
- Correct fitting of Bearings & Mechanical Seals.
- Correct Setting and Adjustment of Operating and Safety Devices as Specified.
- Ensure that all Nuts, Bolts, Studs etc. are correctly tightened to designated Torque Settings.
- Filling with correct grade and quantity of Oil in line with Specification.
2. Carry out Satisfactory Vacuum and Water Testing of completed Assemblies in Accordance with Company Procedures.
3. To build Chassis Assemblies from designated kits to defined build numbers and specifications in an economic manner, within recognised timescales and to the required Quality level. This will include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Fitting Pump End and Engine or Motor to Chassis, fitting coupling and lining up assembly using shims, if necessary to ensure correct level.
- Fitting Fuel Lines, Battery Assembly, Half Guards, Lifting Frame and other ancillary items as necessary.
- Filling Engine to correct grade and quantity of Oil, Antifreeze etc. in line with Specification.
- Ensure that all nuts bolts etc. are tightened to correct torque settings.
- Carry out a full operational test of the completed unit on ‘pond’ for pre-determined runtime to include Suction test, carry over test and checking for oil, fuel and water leaks in accordance with procedures.
- Dressing Pump End, applying Stickers, Labels etc. and Rating Plates and finish completed assembly to designated Standard, prior to completion of Production Data Card ready for Final Inspection.
4. To ensure that any deviation from build specification or any query relating to materials or parts issued is made known to the Production Team Leader/Section Leader so that suitable corrective action can be carried out.
5. To use hoists, cranes or other lifting equipment to safely lift or move components or assemblies as necessary to carry out scheduled tasks.
Selwood are pleased to offer an hourly rate of £9.59 per hour, Pension, 24 days Holiday + Bank holidays, Child Care Voucher scheme & on site parking.
This role covers Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference R1445.
This position is NOT open to Agencies.