Selwood manufactured pumps, synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects. With decades of experience in the design and manufacture of pumps for the water, environmental and construction sectors, Selwood has a full product range for all applications including solids handling, high volume drainers, high head, hydraulic submersible, chopper and positive displacement pumps.
To support our Pump Production team at our Chandlers Ford, Hampshire site, we are inviting applications for the position of Production Operative. This role will offer support and assistance to the Pump Production Area.
The Production Operative will ensure that materials are moved timely and will ensure the availability of accessory kits, and other materials are ready in good time to ensure that Assembly Fitters can build pump assemblies efficiently.
The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing /assembly environment and it essential to the position to hold a current counter balance forklift licence and be physically fit in order to carry out the tasks are detailed below:
- To collect engines and canopies etc. from their stored locations and deliver in good time to the Production area so as to reduce lost time and minimise the need for fitters to collect parts for the area.
- To assist in the Production area assembling accessory kits etc. for Production use, or for Spares or Customer requirements, in line with the Production Plan and Sales Orders.
- To move finished pump assemblies to the test areas and despatch store as required, to facilitate testing and safe storage. Also to assist Fitters setting up Large Pump assemblies for test purposes.
- To include on the job training so that the job holder can gain knowledge and experience in areas where they can learn to build different types of assemblies/sub-assemblies to increase the availability of parts for Production and/or Customer demand, whilst maintaining acceptable levels of Quality and Reliability.
- To undergo training to become a stand-in Spray Painter for Holidays and Sickness cover – subject to attaining an acceptable standard of finish.
- To ensure that any query relating to materials or parts issued are made known to the Manager/Supervisor, so that suitable corrective actions can be carried out and that any additional materials used are accounted for
- To use hoists, cranes and other equipment to safely lift, move, load or unload, components or assemblies as necessary to carry out tasks.
- To perform other tasks within the job holders ability (may include housekeeping and other maintenance issues) as and when required to satisfy procedures and departmental requirements.
The Production Operative will be site based operating Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday Bank Holidays, Childcare vouchers and free onsite parking.
To apply for this position please send your current CV to email@example.com quoting ref R1407
No Agencies -thank you