Selwood are proud to Design, Manufacture and produce Pumps which are synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, and are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
Selwood's success is driven by the work of our Design and Production teams within our manufacturing facilities based in Chandlers Ford Hampshire. To compliment our teams and to continually drive quality through the manufacturing process we are inviting applications for the position of Production Manager.
The Production Manager will responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all aspects of the production facility for the Selwood pump range.
This is an exciting time to join Selwood as we drive our business forward and build on a foundation of 70 years success within our industry. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this pivotal role will work closely with our Business Unit Directors, Production Team, Design office, Planning and Purchasing, Inspection, QHSE, and internal departments.
Qualifications / Competencies:
• Knowledge and previous application of Lean/World Class manufacturing processes and techniques preferably within an engineering environment.
• Previous leadership responsibilities within a production / manufacturing environment, demonstrating ability to motivate and coach a team of people to achieve the best results.
• ONC / HNC in Mechanical Engineering or holder of an Engineering Manufacturing qualification.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Quality Management systems -ISO 9001, ISO 14001.
• Proven ability to plan and organise, problem solve and achieve results for self and team.
• Confident clear communication skills in all situations supported with good level of IT skills and ability to prepare and write detailed reports and give presentations.
Duties for the Production Manager will be wide ranging and varied. Day to day responsibilities will include:
• Calculate and communicate competitive lead times for quotes and new orders to support the sales teams in winning new and repeat business.
• Lead the production facility in accordance with the production plan ensuring product quality.• Manage the planning process to ensure the optimum utilisation of resources (people, materials, equipment) to meet planned delivery to Customers.
• Propose and introduce lean manufacturing processes and techniques.
• Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities to maximise output and quality.
• Liaise with the Design and Development team over new product introduction and deviations from build specifications to optimise and improve best practice build processes, tooling, jigs and fixtures.
• Continually assess & evaluate build times for assembly and sub –assembly process to maintain accurate planning.
• Make informed decisions and take appropriate actions in response to daily meeting updates to maintain production efficiency and output in line with agreed targets.
• Define KPI's and take timely action to meet all outputs and address under performance in all areas such as lost time, diverted time and actual productive hours (productivity), waste materials/components and quality issues.
• Responsible for the Production team, working with the production Supervisors to mentor and direct in best practice whilst fostering a positive working environment.
• Support cultural change across the production team and drive business improvement.
• Lead the performance review process to include setting standards of performance and objectives and liaising with HR to ensure training and development needs are actioned.
• Promote and develop a culture of process ownership throughout the production team and process.
• Establish cohesive working relationships with production stakeholders with effective communication and agreed common goals.
• In conjunction with the Stores supervisor plan the allocation of resource to complete all required tasks timely, in line with customer delivery timescales.
• Arrange with Inspection Department for pumps/pump sets to be inspected on completion.
• Ensure that the entire production operation adheres to quality, environmental and safety standards and processes.
• Ensure a safe working environment via team awareness, understanding, participation and use of safe working practices at all times.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, 24 days + Bank Holiday, Bonus, Pension scheme and Company sick pay. Parking on site.
Selwood are committed to the continual development and training of our teams.
Monday to Friday – 39 hours per week
To apply for this position, please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref R1463 in the subject line.