Founded in 1946, Selwood is now a £50m turnover company employing 500 staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
Selwood has developed a specialist pump hire division and is currently the No. 1 Pump Hirer in the UK with an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise and the largest and most modern fleet.
We are inviting applications for a Mobile Electrician to join our branch in Bristol (Avonmouth). This role will also be part of the on call rota of one week on one week off (with additional payments).
The core hours for this position are Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
The Mobile Electrician will be responsible for maintaining, installing, servicing and the repair of electrical and mechanical equipment between branches and customers sites in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will hold practical and electrical engineering skills.
It is essential that applicants hold an ECS Gold Card or have the relevant qualifications in Electrical Installations to obtain an ECS Gold card.
Tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
- Carry out electrical installation work efficiently in accordance with the current I.E.E.Regulations for Electrical Installations, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
- Maintain, install, service and repair electrical/mechanical pump sets, within the hire fleet and also any customer units as required to the required legislative standards.
- Produce reports and estimates to repair set units and advise on safety issues as necessary.
- Ensure necessary Risk Assessment/Method Statements are adhered to.
- Acknowledge and adhere to site specific requirements specifically Health & Safety procedures.
- Be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs.
- Update relevant databases to ensuring accuracy of the information.
- Maintain excellent internal and external Customer relations by displaying politeness, respect and co-operation with Staff, Customers, and members of the public or other road users alike. When on site act as an ambassador of Selwood Limited, promoting both the Company brand products and image.
- Communicate accurately to your immediate line manager, work colleagues and customers regarding certain job specifications when required, e.g. ETA’s, missing and damaged items. Obtain signatures, full name, date and times when delivering and collecting.
- Ensure branded work clothing is worn at all times and comply with all PPE requirements either by Selwood or specific customer site regulations.
- Carry out any specific tasks as detailed by your immediate line manager in accordance with the Company Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake call outs for the branch as part of a call out rota.
To be a JIB Qualified Electrician and to be able to meet the requirements to obtain a ECS Gold card.
Selwood are happy to offer a competitive hourly rate of £14.71 per hour with additional on call payments and over time rates (where applicable), 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme and Company sick pay. Company vehicle is provided along with continued training and development.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference number -R1436