Founded in 1946, Selwood is now a £50m turnover company employing 420 staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
Selwood has developed a specialist pump hire division and is currently the No. 1 Pump Hirer in the UK with an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise and the largest and most modern fleet.
We are inviting applications for a Mobile Electrician to join our branch in Nottingham covering the Midlands and our branches in both Nottingham and Stafford. This role will also be part of the on call rota of one week on one week off (with additional payments). The core hours for this position are Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
The Mobile Electrician will be responsible for maintaining, installing, servicing and the repair of electrical and mechanical equipment between branches and customers sites in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will hold practical and electrical engineering skills with technical supervisor knowledge to work on own initiative without supervision.
Tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
- Carry out electrical installation work efficiently in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current I.E.E.Regulations for Electrical Installations, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
- Maintain, install, service and repair electrical/mechanical pump sets, within the hire fleet and also any customer units as required to the required legislative standards.
- Produce reports and estimates to repair set units and advise on safety issues as necessary.
- .Ensure necessary Risk Assessment/Method Statements are documented and completed or adhered to. Ensure they are properly communicated and followed.
- Acknowledge and adhere to site specific requirements specifically Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure that all on-site installations are carried out to comply with current C&G 2382 (17th Edition)Wiring Regulations.
- Undertake PAT testing and inspection as required, recording information in logbook for branches within region.
- Be able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials.
- Be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and, if required,supervise other operatives.
- Update relevant databases to ensuring accuracy of the information.
- Submit accurate mileage readings every time the vehicle is filled up with fuel.
- Maintain excellent internal and external Customer relations by displaying politeness, respect and co-operation with Staff, Customers, and members of the public or other road users alike. When on site act as an ambassador of Selwood Limited, promoting both the Company brand products and image.
- Communicate accurately to your immediate line manager, work colleagues and customers regarding certain job specifications when required, e.g. ETA’s, missing and damaged items. Obtain signatures, full name, date and times when delivering and collecting.
- Ensure branded work clothing is worn at all times and comply with all PPE requirements either by Selwood or specific customer site regulations.
- Carry out any specific tasks as detailed by your immediate line manager in accordance with the Company Policies and Procedures.
- To take part on call outs and be on the rota either regularly or on the ad-hoc basis.
City & Guilds (2382-12) Electrical Installations , IEE Wiring Regulations 17th edition (BS7671 2008 (2011))
City & Guilds (2330) Level 2 or 3 Technical Certificate for Electrical Apprentices.
City & Guilds 2357 is a diploma in Electrotechnology
AM2 ( Achievement measurement 2)
City & Guilds 2391 (101 or 301) – (BS7671 knowledge)
City & Guilds 2394 – Award in the initial verification and certification of new electrical installations.
City & Guilds 2395 – As above but also covers the periodic inspection and certification of Electrical installations.
City & Guilds 2396 – level 4 award in the design and verification of Electrical installations.
ECS Gold card Holder
Selwood are happy to offer a competitive hourly rate, 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme and Company sick pay.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference number -R1411