Selwood pumps are inviting applications for the position of LGV driver to join our friendly team based in Nottingham (Langley Mill).
This role will enhance our current abilities within the Nottingham and Stafford region and will cover Monday to Friday 40 hours a week. The role will participate in a call out rota (additional payments) to service the needs of our clients.
Working with a team ethos, this role will also assist with work within the branch yard in quieter periods, so flexibility to the role is essential.
For this role we will require the following:
Full LGV driving licence (no more than 6 points) and over 21 years of age for insurance purposes
Proven work history in similar industry
Over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
Compliant with statutory medical standards and physically fit to climb up onto lorry bed and to ensure secure loading and strapping down of load.
Digital Tachograph Driver Card;
Driver Qualification card and/or Periodic CPC Certification
To load, deliver and collect items of pumps and associated equipment between branches and customers sites in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
Tasks and responsibilities
- 1.Carry out work in compliance with Department of Transport Regulations and The Highway Code, having regard for personal safety, the safety of the workforce and the general public.
- 2.Ensure an understanding of, and full compliance with, Tachograph operation and drivers’ hours’ legislation, including digital tachographs.
- 3.Maintain an understanding of, and full compliance with, the Working Time Directive for mobile workers. Employees must observe all statutory break periods defined under the WTD for mobile workers and must set the tachograph to record all breaks. Driver’s hours rules must also be observed, and take priority over WTD rules meaning that if a break is not due under WTD rules but is due under Drivers Hours rules then the break must still be taken.
- 4.Adhere to all Company Policies, Procedures and Statutory Requirements, in particular to the Company Vehicle Policy.
- 5.Carry out a risk visual assessment prior to loading and unloading activity takes place, including a risk assessment of any parking/stopping place.
- 6.Ensure all loading and unloading activity is carried out in a safe and efficient manner. All loads are to be positioned and secured safely and correctly to avoid overloading any of the axles and to avoid any possibility of the load moving during transit. This could include manual handling of hoses.
- 7.Provide safe installation of pumping equipment by the use of lorry mounted crane.
- 8.Carry out daily maintenance and defect checks of the vehicle in accordance with the Daily Vehicle Defect Check Report and report any defects promptly to the Manager. Continually monitor the vehicle throughout the day for any signs of defects developing, e.g.: any warning lights illuminating on the dash etc.
- 9.Be aware of the dates for the scheduled 6-weekly safety inspection timetable and liaise with the Manager, and garage to help organise booking the vehicle in to have these inspections carried out.
- 10.Depending on the need of the business you may be required to take part on call outs and be on the rota either regularly or on the ad-hoc basis.
- 11.Vehicle exterior to be washed and cab interior to be cleaned and swept out weekly so that vehicle is clean and presentable at all times. Load bed area is also to be kept tidy and swept regularly (i.e. after each load is unloaded) to ensure no loose debris can cause a hazard to other road users or to the public, or may cause a slip or trip hazard for the driver when working on the load bed area.
- 12.Ensure that the Vehicle log book is maintained and held securely in the Vehicle cab. Crane maintenance schedule and Operating instructions must be placed in the log along with the LOLER test certificate for the crane, slinging and plant securing accessories including a ladder.
- 13.Understand that Company vehicles may be fitted with a satellite tracking device. As well as asset control, this has the benefit of identifying the position of any vehicle/driver that has got into difficulties, in lone worker situations for example.
- 14.Submit accurate mileage readings every time the vehicle is filled up with fuel.
- 15.Ensure all items and quantities are matched to Branch paperwork, unless there are discrepancies upon collection which must be noted and signed for by the hirer or his representative.
- 16.Maintain excellent internal and external Customer relations by displaying politeness, respect and co-operation with Staff, Customers, and members of the public or other road users alike. When on site act as an ambassador of Selwood Limited, promoting both the Company brand products and image.
- 17.Communicate accurately to your immediate supervisor, work colleagues and customers regarding certain job specifications when required, e.g. ETA’s, missing and damaged items. Obtain signatures, full name, date and times when delivering and collecting.
- 18.Ensure branded work clothing is worn at all times and comply with all PPE requirements either by Selwood or specific customer site regulations.
- 19.Carry out any specific tasks as detailed by your immediate supervisor in accordance with the Company Policies and Procedures.
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks / activities may be necessary, as the Company’s commercial activities require.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive hourly rate, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday Bank Holidays, Childcare vouchers and free onsite parking.
To apply for this position please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref R1413
No Agencies -thank you