Driving a 26 tonne flatbed with lorry mounted crane to deliver and collect a range of pumps, pipework and associated ancillaries to Customers sites across the South West region and supporting the installation teams. Ideally candidates will have experience of delivering pumps, plant or similar equipment and must not be phased by working in a range of demanding environments, or being on call, this can be a physically demanding job. A good geographical knowledge of the South West area, and ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and professionalism will be an advantage.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Compliance with DoT, Tachograph and Working Time regulations.
- Ensure all loading and securing is carried out safely and efficiently with loads positioned and secured correctly.
- Undertake daily vehicle defect and maintenance checks, ensuring vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Ensure all paperwork is correctly completed and relevant to the items being delivered/collected.
- Visual check upon collection of equipment and raising any queries with the Customer or branch.
- Assisting with site installations and keeping yard and stillages tidy.
Candidates must have held a UK C+E Licence for at least 2 years with no more than 6 points for minor offences as well as have CPC and UK digital tacho card.
We offer a competitive basic salary for a 40 hour week Monday to Friday, with the opportunity to increase earnings via 24/7 on-call allowances and overtime. A generous 24 days holiday + Bank holidays and an occupational sick pay scheme are included along with a pension scheme and childcare vouchers. We are proud of the training and support we give our employees and this is a great opportunity to develop your career.