Founded in 1946, Selwood is now a £50m turnover company employing 500 staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
Selwood has developed a specialist pump hire division and is currently the No. 1 Pump Hirer in the UK with an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise and the largest and most modern fleet.
To lead and support our Installation Teams across the South of the UK we are inviting applications for the position of Installation Manager to be based from one of our following branches: Bristol (Avonmouth), Bracknell, Charlton or Bedford.
Reporting to the Director of Special Projects, the Installation Manager will be responsible for the Project Execution and team management on on-site Pumping System installations, management of all site installation personnel and sub-contractors working within Selwood projects. Developing selected individual onto our site supervisor installation program. Organising and controlling projects to develop and deliver a safety culture, quality service and profitability on projects
Due to the customer base for this position, the candidate should be based within a commutable distance to one of our branches in Bristol (Avonmouth), Bracknell, Charlton (London) or Bedford. This role will include approx. 3-4 days per month working away from branch.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Proven working history within the equipment hire or allied industry at similar level, or within the equipment hire industry at Manager level.
- History of leadership, coaching & development within a man-management capacity.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Detailed knowledge of on-site pumping application and safety procedure of mechanical and electrical pumping applications.
- Management of the day-to-day workload of the installation personnel and site supervision within the Southern region.
- Selection of the installation personnel to matching contracts requirements, scope of supply, quality, and deliveries.
- Develop strong business relationship with your teams and build a solid customer's trust.
- Ensure pumps and associated equipment supplied on hire to any customer is installed in a safe and professional manner.
- Represent and promote the Company and its products/services to customers and their representatives.
- Liaise with the Customer keeping them and the Branch Manager informed of progress and any potential issues.
- Produce appropriate Risk Assessments and/or Method Statements and communicate them to the team and Customer.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed at the relevant stages.
- Assist loading/unloading vehicles, checking against paperwork, missing, damages and fuel charges.
- Comply with all Health and Safety issues concerning the working environment of yourself and others and comply with all Selwood or customers’ site regulations.
- Carry out all given tasks as set out in the Company Policy Procedures as applicable.
- To promote ALL aspects of the Selwood business operation to existing and potential customers.
- To ensure that all company administration, quality assurance and health and safety policies are fully adhered to and that all activities are carried out in full compliance both with our policies and relevant statutory legislation.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate direct reporting staff and ensure effective management of all personnel within the network.
- To provide reports and information as required by the management.
- To appraise all direct subordinates in line with company policies and ensure that all employees recruited demonstrate a suitable level of competence to perform their duties safely and effectively
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks and activities may be necessary, as the company’s commercial activities require.
Selwood are happy to offer a competitive salary, Company Car, 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme and Company sick pay. Core hours -Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference number -R1468