Commercial Manager – Pump Rental Solutions
Due to Selwood’s continued success as the UK’s No1 Pump Rental provider, we are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our team based in the North region.
The Commercial Manager will manage and administer the commercial and QHSE aspects of our pump rental business in relation to contractual trading terms and conditions and subcontract management. This position is critical to protecting Selwood’s business interests with a professional approach to the risk management of all aspects relating to contractual obligations and agreements.
The Commercial Manager will work closely with The Director of Business Development and will develop strong stakeholder relationships both internally & externally.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Subcontract Management
- Subcontract and QHSE commercial Management during the execution and completion phases, which will include:-
- Internal and External Subcontract liaison.
- Contract variations,
- Early Warning & Compensation Event mechanisms,
- Activity Schedules and program
- QHSE Compliance and management including communication at branch level and at the point of solution delivery
- Management of applications for payment, valuations, payment certificates, and reconciliation
- Administration of pre and post contract commercial administration of subcontracts during the negotiation, execution and completion phases, which will include:-
- Establish and develop client interfaces, nurturing relationships and gaining trust.
- Internal and External Point of Sale liaison.
- Attending Client and Pre-start Meetings.
- Contract identification, assessment and review.
- Contract clause identification and negotiation.
- Risk evaluation.
- QHSE contract requirements, Identification and compliance.
- To establish, maintain and develop a cohesive and standardised service offering across the pump rental business unit in relation to standard and non-standard terms and conditions of trade.
- To complete / devise and implement internal management and IT systems across the pump rental business unit
- To devise, implement and manage controlled documents including procedure and guidance as well as templates and forms to aid contract management across the pump rental business unit
- To identify, implement and maintain training requirements in relation to commercial terms and conditions.
- Management of supply chain vetting for key suppliers in the delivery of specialist pump installations
- Management of supply chain draft subcontract terms as required and appropriate.
- To identify and communicate business development opportunities.
- Devise and implement necessary internal training requirements
- History of working within a quality environment and under regulatory processes.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret complex terms and conditions.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to foster and develop strong customer relationships.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Develop a sound understanding of our business, systems, products and services.
- Develop a sound understanding of our customer’s industry, commercial arrangements and structure.
- Produce reports and data for clients as and when required.
- Produce account management and ad-hoc reports for senior management as and when required.
- To remain abreast with relevant legislation and commercial best practise.
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks/activities may be necessary as the Company’s commercial activities require.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive base salary, bonus scheme, Pension, 24 days holiday + Bank holiday, Company car and associated IT Equipment.
Strictly NO Agencies
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference R1380