Founded in 1946, Selwood is now a £50m turnover company employing 420 staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
Selwood has developed a specialist pump hire division and is currently the No. 1 Pump Hirer in the UK with an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise and the largest and most modern fleet.
Business Unit QHSE Auditor/Support
To support the QHSE Manager, ensuring support and guidance to the Companies Business Units, which includes, Sales and Central Services by having a positive attitude and directing QHSE strategies, policies and procedures through the company’s core values. Supporting continuous improvement in the Integrated Management System (IMS) through, regular visits to Selwood locations, analysis of QHSE information and continuous improvements in Selwood’s procedures within the IMS.
Knowledge and operational experience of ensuring compliance with the following standards:
- ISO 9001
- OHSAS 18001
- ISO 14001
A background in construction, utilities, manufacturing or similar industries with operational experience of ISO industry standards.
Strong IT skills;
Good verbal and written communication skills;
Proven ability to prioritise, organise and deliver results;
A Positive Attitude
Excellent attention to detail;
Effective interpersonal skills;
Must be able to drive and travel throughout the UK spending 2/3 nights per week away from home for approximately 50/60% of the year.
Operational experience of Health & Safety legislation and good practice;
Knowledge of SharePoint;
Member of IQA, IRCA, IOSH
- Network Rail – PTS
Support the QHSE Manager and the business in achieving the Group Mission Statement and promoting the Core Values by:
- Providing support and guidance to the Companies Business Units, Sales and Central Services by having a positive attitude and directing QHSE strategies, policies and procedures through the company’s core values
- Conducting periodic internal reviews and audits to ensure that compliance with external standards and internal procedures are followed.
- Undertaking the internal investigation of compliance issues ensuring all actions are followed up.
- Analysing CPAR’s and producing reports, statistics and recommendations as appropriate.
- Write reports; conduct thorough investigations and make recommendations for improvement.
- Writing policies and procedures related to compliance activities. Reviewing and amending internal processes as appropriate to maintain compliance with standards and best practice.
- Maintaining knowledge of developments and changes in all QA and related matters.
- Networking with external bodies to ensure knowledge of changes and developments with legislation and standards and make recommendations to QHSE Manager on actions required.
- Reviewing the QHSE related Operating Systems and Procedures and ensure that changes are initiated and approved in accordance with the document control system.
- Supporting and advising the QHSE Manager and Senior Managers to ensure compliance with customers’ requirements and regulations.
- Producing reports for the QHSE Manager as and when required and in particular for the annual QHSE Management Review Meeting.
- Monitoring the performance of suppliers and sub-contractors, and ensuring records are available for approved suppliers.
- Investigating any incident as required enabling the business to provide the necessary information to the relevant authorities and external bodies as required.
All Managers have the following responsibilities and authorities:
1. Working within the Integrated Selwood QHSE Management System;
2. Communicating the QHSE System to all levels of the organisation;
3. Participating in periodical QHSE system performance reviews following a documented Management Review process;
4. Establishing personnel who have the freedom and authority to:
5. Prevent the occurrence of non-conforming material, equipment and devices, documents, processes, procedures, systems, equipment and facilities;
6. Prevent the use of non-conforming material, equipment and devices, documents, processes, procedures, systems, equipment and facilities;
7. Identify and record QHSE problems;
8. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions to the appropriate Senior Person for approval;
9. Verify the adequacy of corrective actions.
10. Improving the QHSE Management System;
11. Stopping any activity that is unsafe or may damage the environment.
N.B. Your main responsibilities are outlined above. They are not intended to be all embracing and fully comprehensive and you may be required to undertake additional duties in the interest of the Company.
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference number.