To ensure the profitable operation of all activities within the branch whilst achieving planned levels of return on investment. Generate growth on the number of trading customers and ensure the company is represented locally.
Director of Sales and Operations
Other regular contacts within the organisation
- Plant Managing Director
- Director of Financial Reporting and Control
- HR Department
- Branch Managers
- Sales Managers / Key Account Managers / Sales Rep’s
- Asset Manager
- Transports Manager
- Management Accountant
- QHSE Manager
- Proven work history within the equipment hire or allied industry at similar level, or within the equipment hire industry at relevant level.
- Good sound knowledge of operational experience within a customer focussed high demanding role.
- Being able to understand and work to financial plans and ability forecasting future branch performance.
- To ensure the achievement of planned profits, return on sales and ROI% through the effective control of plant, operating costs and pricing.
- To promote ALL aspects of the Selwood business operation to existing and potential customers.
- To control and check all branch assets as required and to ensure security of these assets at all times.
- To ensure the professional representation of the Selwood business operation with the assistance of all sales personal.
- To ensure that all company administration, quality assurance and health and safety policies are fully adhered to and that all activities are carried out in full compliance both with our policies and relevant statutory legislation.
- Ensure the provision of effective maintenance and repairs for all company assets within the branch, with the assistance for the workshop foreman / manager.
- To develop and generate revenue with specified key customers and ensure that Selwood Plant Hire is known as the local No1 plant hire company.
- Ensure that all debts are properly managed in line with Company expectations and that all queries are resolved with urgency.
- Ensure that all company vehicles, property and fixed assets within the branch are controlled and properly maintained in line with company standards.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate direct reporting staff and ensure effective management of all personnel within the branch.
- To ensure regular and clear communication between yourself and the branch representative to agree actions to move the branch forward for business generation.
- To provide reports and information as required by the management.
- Ensure a monthly meeting is held with all of the branch staff to discuss the performance of the branch and agreed improvements for specific tasks allocated.
- To appraise all direct subordinates in line with company policies and ensure that all employees recruited demonstrate a suitable level of competence to perform their duties safely and effectively.
- Through your action ensure security and continuity of employment for everyone at the branch.
- Be contactable at all times in and outside of working hours as the main key holder for the branch and also in the event of a theft of equipment from the branch or customers site.
- The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks/activities may be necessary as the company’s commercial activities require.