The leading pump rental solutions company in the UK, Selwood has an outstanding reputation for exceptional customer service backed by one of the largest fleets of quality pump products and supported with technical knowledge and genuine 24/7, 365 days-a-year service.
We are inviting applications for the position of Branch Manager based at our Bedford branch (MK41). The role of the Branch Manager will be to lead the branch team and ensure the profitable operation of all activities within the branch whilst achieving planned levels of return on investment.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate history within the equipment hire or allied industry at similar level, or career history within the equipment hire industry at a similar level. The role requires good sound knowledge of day to day operations within hire and must be committed to delivering high standards to our customers.
This is a demanding role so the ability to meet the demands of our customers is paramount as well being able to understand and work to financial plans and ability forecasting future branch performance.
This role reports to the Director of Sales & Operations and will be in regular contact with the following positions:
- Pump Managing Director
- Director of Financial Reporting and Control
- HR Department
- Branch Managers
- Sales Managers
- Asset Manager
- Key Accounts Managers
- Transports Manager
- Management Accountant
- QHSE Manager
- To ensure the achievement of planned profits and ROI% through the effective control of plant, operating costs and pricing.
- To action the 3 year branch business plan and review monthly and annually.
- To promote ALL aspects of the Selwood business operation to existing and potential customers.
- To control and check all branch assets as required and to ensure security of these assets at all times.
- To ensure the professional representation of the Selwood business operation with the assistance of sales team members.
- Ensure the provision of effective maintenance, repairs and warranty cost recovery where applicable for all company assets within the branch.
- To develop and generate revenue with customer you manage directly of indirectly.
- Ensure that all debts are properly managed in line with Company expectations and that all queries are resolved with urgency.
- To ensure that all company administration, quality assurance and health and safety policies are fully adhered to and that all activities are carried out in full compliance both with our policies and relevant statutory legislation.
- Ensure that all company vehicles, property and fixed assets within the branch are controlled and properly maintained in line with company standards.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate direct reporting staff and ensure effective management of all personnel within the branch.
- To provide monthly operation and forecasting reports in a timely manner.
- To appraise all direct subordinates in line with company policies and ensure that all employees recruited demonstrate a suitable level of competence to perform their duties safely and effectively.
- Through your action ensure security and continuity of employment for everyone at the branch.
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks/activities may be necessary as the company’s commercial activities require.
This role is Monday to Friday across 40 hours week, however flexibility to meet our customer’s needs is essential.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive Salary, Company Car, Bonus incentive, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and Company sick pay.
To apply for this position please send your current CV to email@example.com quoting ref R1440
No Agencies -thank you