Selwood has an extensive Plant fleet available for hire or sale from our network of regional branches across England and Wales. Our teams have an un rivalled depth of technical expertise and we are proud to deliver exceptional customer service and plant hire solutions. Our Plant Hire range includes excavators, dumpers, tele handlers, rollers and compressors.
To lead our team and to support our operations in Sittingbourne, Kent, we are looking to invite applications for the position of Branch Manager. This busy and demanding role will ensure the profitable operation of all activities within the branch whilst achieving planned levels of return on investment.
Responsibilities of the Branch Manager:
- To ensure the achievement of planned profits and ROI% through the effective control of plant, operating costs and pricing.
- To promote ALL aspects of the Selwood business operation to existing and potential customers.
- To control and check all branch assets as required and to ensure security of these assets at all times.
- To ensure the professional representation of the Selwood business operation with the assistance of Key Account Managers.
- Ensure the provision of effective maintenance and repairs for all company assets within the branch.
- Ensure that the plant sales targets are met for the branch.
- To develop and generate revenue with specified key targets.
- Ensure that all debts are properly managed in line with Company expectations and that all queries are resolved with urgency.
- To ensure that all company administration, quality assurance and health and safety policies are fully adhered to and that all activities are carried out in full compliance both with our policies and relevant statutory legislation.
- Ensure that all company vehicles, property and fixed assets within the branch are controlled and properly maintained in line with company standards.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate direct reporting staff and ensure effective management of all personnel within the branch.
- To provide reports and information as required by the management.
- To appraise all direct subordinates in line with company policies and ensure that all employees recruited demonstrate a suitable level of competence to perform their duties safely and effectively.
- Through your action ensure security and continuity of employment for everyone at the branch.
Skills & Competencies for this role:
- Historical career within the equipment hire or allied industry at similar level, or a solid history within the equipment hire industry at relevant level.
- Good sound knowledge of operational experience within a customer focussed high demanding role.
- Being able to understand and work to financial plans and ability forecasting future branch performance.
- Proven history within leading and managing a team.
The main responsibilities are outlined above. This is not a definitive list and other tasks/activities may be necessary as the company’s commercial activities require.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive salary, Company Car, Bonus Scheme, 24 days holiday + BH, Pension and Childcare voucher scheme.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference R1469.