Assistant Management Accountant
Selwood manufactured pumps, synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
With decades of experience in the design and manufacture of pumps for the water, environmental and construction sectors, Selwood has a full product range for all applications including solids handling, high volume drainers, high head, hydraulic submersible, chopper and positive displacement pumps.
Selwood Pump Sales are headquartered in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire with good transport links to the M27 and M3.
To support our Pump Sales business unit, we are inviting applications for the position of Assistant Management Accountant.
This role will support our Director of Financial Reporting with a variety of tasks that underpin the reporting of the business units commercial performance.
The Assistant Management Accountant will join an established business unit with the opportunity to be involved in the on going development of the business.
This is a full time -Monday to Friday position covering 37.5 hours per week.
Part / Fully AAT qualified gained within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment.
• Capability to define and manage own priorities
• Ability to develop relationships and influence across all levels
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced level use of Excel and data analysis tools
• Strong planning, time management and attention to detail
• To review and provide accurate and timely management information on the monthly performance of the Pump Sales Business Unit.
• Assist departments with qualitative and quantitative information to support them in achieving BU targets and objectives
• Identify anomalies within the provisional accounts and take corrective action during the preparation of the management accounts.
• To prepare weekly reports on the performance and key performance indicators.
• To prepare monthly journals to reallocate costs in the monthly management accounts.
• To assist in any ad-hoc reporting required by the BUB (Business Unit Board) management team
• To log and monitor capital expenditure for the business unit.
• To reconcile and review balance sheet control accounts.
• To assist in setting the plans for the future years.
• Assist in forecasting on a rolling 4-months basis.
• To do preparation work for board reports on the previous month’s performance.
Selwood are pleased to offer a Competitive Salary, Pension, 24 days Holiday + Bank holidays, Child Care Voucher scheme
Applicants should apply to email@example.com quoting the job reference R1427
Closing date for applications: Monday 23rd January 2017.
This position is NOT open to Agencies.