Founded in 1946, Selwood is now a £50m turnover company employing 500 staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
Selwood has developed a specialist pump hire division and is currently the No. 1 Pump Hirer in the UK with an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise and the largest and most modern fleet.
Our busy Bristol (Avonmouth) branch has a new opening for a Sales Controller to join the team on a full time Monday to Friday basis. This role is a key part of the team and is fundamental to the daily operations running successfully within the branch. The ideal candidate will come from an administrative background within a hire environment and be used to a fast paced environment. Ability to communicate well is key to this position.
The Purpose of the Sales Controller is to build a good working relationship with all of our customers, by telephone contact on weekly basis, to ensure that Selwood are their first call when they have a requirement for pumps.
- Strong communicator - Ability to converse with stakeholders and external clients both in branch and via telephone.
- Organisation and attention to detail
- Competent in Microsoft office and using database systems.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Logistics – organising transport in a cost effective manner. Ensuring collections of equipment off-hired are collected within 48 hours. Deliveries are made to the customer when they are scheduled too.
- Ensuring that contract and other systems paperwork are correct and up to date. In-lieu contracts to be clearly identified and replaced immediately required equipment is available.
- Day book and Transport book is kept up to date and is entered correctly and those who are responsible carry out any follow-ups.
- Negotiated hire rates in accordance with price lists and discount policy as advised from time to time.
- Following Company procedures on pricing policy.
- Ensuring we maximise the effectiveness of Service Engineers.
- Through the Foreman if necessary, ensure that the workshop prepares equipment required to cover outstanding hire requirements.
- Liaising with other branches to ensure smooth running of the operation, thus avoiding duplication.
- To ensure that branch team members, drivers, fitters and Foreman raise correct charges for damages and losses. To liaise with customers to obtain their agreement to these charges.
- To ensure all sales leads at the branch are promptly communicated to the sales staff.
- To take ownership of customer problems and complaints, or to effectively transfer them to other members of the team who, in turn, will take ownership.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager to review prodturn reports in order to contact those customers no longer dealing with us. To be proactive at all times in developing business.
- To attend meetings in order to review the branch’s profitability and to accept responsibility for improving areas that are falling below the minimum set standards.
Selwood are happy to offer a salary of circa £19,000 - £21,000 DOE, 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme and Company sick pay.
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number -R1443