Selwood are proud to Design, Manufacture and produce Pumps which are synonymous with quality, longevity and reliability, and are operating across the world in some of the most challenging environments and demanding of projects.
Selwood's success is driven by the work of our Design and Production teams within our manufacturing facilities based in Chandlers Ford Hampshire. Due to our success and internal growth with our Research and Development build department team we are looking for an Electrical Fitter to us.
The role of the Electrical Fitter is to provide electrical competence within the R&D prototypes build dept. wiring of single and 3 phase motors and engine control panels. Earth bonding and setting up electrical units for testing, and assisting in general mechanical build and assembly of pump units.
Essential & Knowledge:
- City & Guilds 2382-12 Electrical installations.
- 17th Edition wiring regulations (BS7671).
- Good communicator, with logical decision making.
- NVQ level 3. (2357)
- To Support line manager/ Supervisor with timely completion of electrical work and mechanical assembly to the required standard to meet R & D deadlines for testing and approval..
- To carry out Electrical Wiring to various Pump Assemblies as required, in accordance with IEE 17th Edition Regulations.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Connection of Engine Looms, Control Panels and Safety Devices.
- Suitable Earth Bonding and Connection of Safety Devices.
- Assembly and connection of electrical accessories/devices that may be required i.e. Auto Stop/Start Kits, Telemetry etc.
- Connection/ disconnection of single and three phase mains supply to Electric Motors.
- General mechanical assembly/ engine and pump installation.
Any other reasonable task, for which the position holder has been trained or is suitably qualified, which may arise from time to time.
To assume ownership of prototypes worked on from receipt of specification to delivery of finish product.
Selwood are pleased to offer a rate of £12.00 per hour, 24 days + Bank Holiday, Pension scheme and Company sick pay. Parking on site.
Selwood are committed to the continual development and training of our teams.
Monday to Friday – 39 hours per week
To apply for this position, please send your current CV to email@example.com quoting ref R1453 in the subject line.